- Hard News: immediate, or "breaking," story about Who, What, When, Where, and Why
- Analysis: discussion of the trends, data, or personalities behind hard-news stories.
- Feature: in-depth, magazine-length story with in-depth analysis
- Editorial: unsigned piece giving the opinon of the organization's editorial board
- Op-Ed: "opposite the editorial page" expresses the opinions of an outside named writer
- Column: opinion essay by a writer who regularly writes for the paper or a syndicate
- Sidebar: a story that accompanies the main news story, focusing on a particular aspect of an event.
Monday, February 18, 2013
Types of pieces:
Posted by Pitney at 11:48 AM